Pimples are unlikely skin condition which pop up like a blister on the face. It happens due when pores get blocked due to the sebum, bacteria or dead skin. They are numerous remedies which heal pimples, but some of us have a tendency to get them back. For such cases, we should opt for solutions which last longer than usual. In this article, we will go through some yoga postures which can combat pimples and give you clearer skin. Pimples are caused by the toxins of the body, and yoga is known to flush them out. Improve the blood flow of your body and balance out hormonal imbalance as well.
Yoga poses to get rid of acne
Standing forward bend pose (Uttanasana)
- Stand straight and put your feet together.
- Place arms alongside and balance weight on feet equally.
- Extend arms overhead as you breathe in.
- As you breathe out, bend forward and down towards your feet.
- Retain the posture for about 30 seconds and then breathe deeply.
- Keep legs and spine straight.
- Your hands should either rest on the floor, beside feet or on your legs.
- Breathe out and move chest towards knees.
- Light hips and tailbone higher and then press heels down.
- Relax your head while you move gently towards your feet.
- Continuing by breathing deep and then stretch arms upward.
- Come back to the standing position and breathe out.
- Bring arms to the side and relax.
Triangle pose (Trikonasana)
- Stand on the yoga mat and separate feet wide apart.
- Turn right foot to 90 degrees and left to 15 degrees.
- Now align the middle of right feel with the middle of the arch of left foot.
- Your feet should press the ground while the weight of the body gets equal balance on both feet.
- Inhale deep and bend your body towards the right side while exhaling. Your hips will shift downward but waist should remain straight. Allow the left hand to come up and right hand placed down to the ground.
- Make sure that both the arms are straight and stiff.
- Rest the right hand on your shin, ankle or floor. Make sure that you don’t distort the sides of your waist. Stretch left arm upwards and exert pressure on the shoulders.
- The head should be in the neutral position or turn towards the left.
- Your body is to bend towards the side and not forward or backward. Watch pelvis and chest widen and stretch as much as you can.
- Breathe deep and relax body as you exhale.
- For retrieving the initial position, inhale and bring arms down to the sides.
- Straighten your feet and repeat the process on the other side.
Skull shining breathing technique (Kapalbhati)
- Erect your spine and sit comfortably.
- Place hands on knees and keep the palms open to the ceiling.
- Breathe deep and pull your stomach in while exhaling.
- Pull the navel back towards your spine and keep on following till you are comfortable.
- You can also keep your right hand on stomach for feeling the contraction of abdominal muscles.
- While you relax your abdomen, the breath will flow into the lungs.
- Repeat 20 breaths in this way for completing one round of the yoga.
- Close your eyes and concentrate on how your body reacts to this sensation.
- Repeat the round two more times and gradually increase with practice.
Leg up the wall (Viparita karani)
This yoga posture can be followed in two ways. You can either use a prop for supporting your body or do it without it. The methods are going to provide similar benefits, although the supported one relaxes the body a little and without support it is difficult.
- If you get a support, get a long pillow or a comfortable cushion for resting your back.
- Start the posture by sitting with left side against wall.
- Your lower back is supposed to rest at the pillow.
- Gradually turn body to the left. Bring the legs onto the wall.
- Shift the lower back on the pillow and use hands to balance the weight.
- Now lower the back to the floor. Let shoulders and head rest on floor too.
- Shift weight from one side to another while you scoot the buttocks near the wall.
- Let arms rest open to the sides and palms face up. The pillow will support your back completely if you opt for it.
- Let the upper part of your thigh bone release and you drop back to the pelvis.
- Close eyes and hold the posture for 5 minutes.
- Breathe deep and concentrate on it.
- Release the posture by pushing away from the wall. Slowly slide legs down to right. Use hands to press yourself back and come to the seated position.
Wind relieving pose (Pavan muktasana)
- Lie straight on your back.
- Place feet together and arms by your body.
- Breathe in and then bring your right knee towards the chest while exhaling.
- Press thigh on abdomen and hold with clasped hands.
- Breathe again and lift your chest off the ground as you exhale.
- Touch your chin with the right knee and hold the posture as long as possible.
- While exhaling tighten your grip and add pressure to the chest.
- Loosen the grip as you inhale and then come back to the initial position.
- Relax for 10 counts and then repeat the pose with the other leg.
- Repeat the yoga with both legs when you are comfortable enough.
Best diet to get rid of acne
There has to be an alternation of what you consume for getting clearer skin. First of all, you should avoid cow’s milk, sugar, food with high glycemic and fast food with excess oil. These are the initial items to reduce or probably omit completely. Now let us go through some items which you should include in your diet and why:
- Omega 3: consume food which includes omega 3 fatty acids like flaxseeds, walnuts, fishes, etc. These aggravate breakouts and don’t let them occur again.
- Green tea: it is one of the healthier beverages which should be consumed instead of other types. Green tea can also be applied externally to work faster.
- Oysters: mineral zinc has been proved to reduce acne through various studies. It is one of the best options for zinc and is a tasty treat for salads!
- Juices: extract juice for fruits and vegetables to have them in the puresy form. Choose ones which have beta-carotene and that would reduce the oil content from skin. Dark and leaft green veggies are known to reduce toxins from body and get your fairer skin.
- Probiotocs: add some yogurt, dark chocolate, pickles, miso soup, etc. to your diet, since these probiotics reduce infllammation throughout the bodt and reduce the possibilities of pimples.