Waxing underarms is what most women hesitate to do due to the fear of pain. Hence, they look for alternatives like cream wax or shaving. However, these alternatives are not very effective, they may damage your skin in the long run and hair growth is quite fast.
Hot wax is one of the best ways to wax off and reduce growth of underarm hair. The waxing pain can be reduced through several majors. Here is how:
Ideal ways to prepare your armpit for hot wax
- Firstly, wash your underarms with a soap or body wash. Rinse it off with lukewarm water to soften your underarm hair and the surrounding area.
- Check the length of your armpit hair if it is too long trim it and if it is too short delay your waxing activity.
- Wrap yourself with an old towel to avoid mess while waxing.
- Apply talcum powder on the armpit hair. Do not apply excess powder, as it will not allow the wax mixture to stick to your skin.(Optional)
Tips to heat wax like a pro!
- Use body hair wax for waxing armpits and not the one used for facial hair waxing.
- Heat the wax mixture in a microwave or wax heater.
- Turn off the heater/microwave when you get the desired consistency.
- Before applying the hot wax on your underarms apply it on your wrist or feet in order to avoid skin burns.
Hot wax application process
- Take appropriate amount of wax mixture on a spatula and spread it on your armpit.
- Apply the wax in the direction of hair growth as application in opposite direction may tangle the hair and may cause wounds and bleeding.
- Now place the wax strip over the wax-applied area and see to it that its ends do not have any wax mixture around it.
- Gently rub the strip-applied area in the direction of hair growth and pull it off in the opposite direction.
- Repeat the procedure until your armpit is hairless.
- In case you see any leftover hair, take it out with the help of tweezers.
- Remove the stickiness of wax with the help of baby oil and wash well.
After care – Post armpit hot wax
- Post armpit wax if your skin turns red or causes irritation rub ice cubes in the affected area.
- Do not apply deodorants immediately after wax as it may cause skin irritation.
- Wear loose clothing for few days after underarm wax to avoid discomfort.
Tips for effective underarms wax
- Always keep all the required materials handy as searching for things with raised arms is very difficult.
- If you are a very sweaty person or you usually sweat during underarm waxing then it is better to wash your underarms with warm water. This will not only soften your hair but will also ease the process of waxing.
- To wax hair more effectively, make use of talcum powder.
- To avoid pain, stretch the skin from both sides of wax strip and then pull it off.
- If you cannot bear much pain then wax small areas at a time.